Celebrating the big 5-0 is a pivotal moment in any person’s life, that is why I am so excited to share this blog post with you!
My mom turned 50 late June and my family and I started planning her celebration in March. We planned themed parties like a costume party and a taquiza (a party where a local Mexican restaurant makes tacos on the spot). None of these ideas were loved by my mom, therefore we ended up not having anything at all. A family friend suggested we just getaway at a fancy hotel and just relax. We did just that!
The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center was our first and kinda only pick! They offer great deals like:
- Pays to Stay: You receive food and beverage credit depending on the number of nights you stay.
- VIP Kids Eat Free: Three free meals for two children ages10 and under with the purchase of an adult entree. They also get a little gift!
- Kids Birthday Bash: Have an incredible party with food and cake included. This package includes 2 rooms!
- Pampered Pup Package: Get away with your doggie! Your pet will have an ultimate experience and $10 will be donated to the Montgomery County Animal Shelter on your behalf.
- Bed and Breakfast Package: Enjoy a lovely breakfast for two during your stay.
- Tame Your Game Golf Package: This one is for all golf lovers. Practice all day, or play at the golf on Panther Trail™ or The Oaks Courses. Free breakfast is included.
- Enchanted Romance Pack: Enjoy free breakfast, and a delicious delivery of champagne and chocolate covered roses.
Our day began at check in when we quickly learned that The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center is HUGE. My mom and I quickly settled in and went straight to the spa to get our massages. This has been one of the best massages I’ve had in my life. It was just incredible. The spa has various steam rooms and a whirlpool for anyone looking to just relax. After our massages, my masseuse gave me quick tips on how to stay relaxed on a day to day basis. The experience was very personal and we loved every minute of it. The staff is very attentive, one thing that I loved about the staff was that some of them are bilingual! We then got ready and headed out for dinner in the Woodlands.
The next morning we went to the much talked about breakfast. Did it really live up to the hype? Oh yes, it did! The possibilities were endless! They have a buffet for any pallet, a kitchen serving customized omelets and waffles, and yummy pastries. The food was absolutely delicious and we enjoyed every bit. They also serve a delicious juice of the day that was to die for! That morning, the juice was carrot, beet, and orange juice.
Since the weekend forecasted 100% chance of rain, we could not enjoy the incredible lazy river and water slides. This made all of us a bit sad, but we made the best of it! (My family and I know that we will be returning on a hot sunny day to enjoy the water amenities!) The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center provides transportation to Market Square and The Woodlands Mall, so we all decided to make a fun day of shopping. Honestly, the rain did not let up until 4 or 5 in the evening! If we would have stayed, we would have enjoyed the lazy river, bikes in the trail, and ate some delicious s’mores. This will be on the agenda for the next visit!
This was a super fun weekend, filled with relaxation, fun, and family. If you want to take a mini getaway, I highly recommend the Woodlands Resort and Spa!