Last month, my family and I took a really fun road trip to San Antonio. We frequent the city a lot, therefore we kinda knew what to expect. But this time was a little different because we stayed at the Hotel Valencia and we absolutely loved it!
We booked two rooms, one for my parents, and one for me and my sister. The rooms were so large and luxurious. If you followed my Insta Story, you would have noticed that I had to do some work while my family was out and about. I totally didn’t mind that. Each room provided a desk area with wifi and a gorgeous view! I did not mind that as an office at all!
The mornings included free breakfast with indoor or outdoor seating. For those not staying in the hotel, there is an option to enjoy this amenity for a small fee. We also enjoyed an amazing dinner at Dorrego’s courtesy of Hotel Valenica. Dorrego’s is the restaurant inside of Hotel Valenica. The chef created a Texan twist to Argentinian food and brought it to Dorrego’s. My family and I dressed up and had a very fancy dinner at the restaurant. We absolutely enjoyed the restaurant and experience there. The menu change’s seasonally, if you visit the hotel a lot, you will be expecting something new each time.
Our mini trip did not have an agenda, just find what you like and do it! Our mornings were easy and days included impromptu exploration. Here are the things we did while we were in the city:
- Shops at Rivercenter. The Alamo, and more things are only a walk away from Hotel Valencia! 10 minutes if your taking a stroll, 7 if you’re powerwalking!
- SchlitterBahn New Braunfels. This is like a 45 minute drive. Best Schlitterbahn in the world!
- Taquitos West Ave. We discovered this through a Facebook ad! These tacos have made it to my top 10 best tacos list.
- San Antonio Zoo. Nothing better than enjoying the Texas heat with the view of cute animals.
- El Paraiso Ice Cream. Delicious Mexican style ice cream. I recommend taking an ice chest to take home.
- Ripely’s Believe It Or Not. A classic for the Perez household. Also an easy walk from the hotel.
- San Antonio Riverwalk. Literally steps away. We walked during the day and found local artisans and fun restaurants open!
- Market Square. This is the best place to get your Mexican goodies. Seriously spent a whole day trying not to buy everything!
I recommend Hotel Valencia if you just need a getaway from your hometown. This is such a romatic place to go with your loved one as well. I mean who doesn’t dream of walking through the Riverwalk at night with your boo and having access to your hotel at the same time? I recommend getting valet parking. Parking can be a little crazy, therefore valet parking is the easy, no hassle way to go! There is also an amazing patio inside the hotel that can be reserved for special events and weddings. The place was a dream! Also, if you have been to the hotel before, you will notice that it has been renovated to a unique style like no other. Upon arrival, you will automatically feel like you are in a San Antonio household. It has unique Spanish colonial touch and design. Honestly, the detailed touches are something that come from a dream.
Our two rooms upon arrival.