I’m turning 22 y’all. As a happy birthday to me, I will give myself 22 New Age Resolutions. These 22 resolutions are reminders to myself; I’m telling myself, “I am young, and the world is my oyster. This is just the beginning of life.” I hope to encourage you as I do so to myself. Remember, everyday is a new beginning, no matter what occasion.
- Learn. Learn. Learn- There is nothing more important than developing your mind.
- Read more- I love reading. But when life happens, this activity is in the backburner.
- Be creative- There is a creative side in all of us.
- Do not give up- As sad as it seems, I tend to give up on myself a little too much. There is nothing worse that. I want to be my own encourager before I am an encourager to others.
- Believe in myself- There is so much potential in me. Confidence is key.
- Say no to negativity- Life is short. The end.
- Talk less, listen more I want to be known for having a listening ear, not a gossiping mouth. I want to be a reflection of Christ.
- Learn to cook- I’m kinda getting tired of eating out and using the microwave. It is time for me to grow up and learn to make some good food! (Recipe suggestions anyone?)
- Learn to bake- I always see people baking and sharing their delicious creations. I admire that!
- Be smart- Study hard, play hard.
- Search for God- Life happens, but I cannot forget that without God, life is inexistent. God is such a gentleman- He waits patiently for you; He forgives you; and He loves you.
- Save money- One of the best decisions I have made was this very same thing. Of course, I am not a master of this skill, but I I want to strive to be financially smart and perfect this trait.
- Be humble- There is nothing more heart wrenching than seeing great talent go to waste by a foolish mind. No one is greater than anyone else. God made us uniquely, and for a reason. We are made to glorify Him, not ourselves.
- Ignore the whispers- People are mean. People are jealous. People are insecure. People have nothing else to talk about. So, ignore it.
- Be fashion oriented- I love clothes.
- Be confident- Girls can be so insecure… so can guys! But when people are confident, there is a different persona that you bring along.
- Love my family- We laugh, cry, fight and smile together. At the end of the day, all I have is family.
- Embrace my culture (and others too!)- One of my petpeeves are people who are ashamed of their roots. I want to bring whatever my Hispanic heritage has and take it along to generations to come. In return, I want to learn about different cultures!
- Be clean- I enjoy a clean room, but do not enjoy the process of it. Someone has to do it! Yes, it will be me.
- Be health conscious- My body is not a trashcan; therefore I should not be dumping trash into it. It’s easy to say, hard to do. A healthy body is a happy body. A hapy body is a happy mind.
- Travel the world- The world is beautiful.
- Love- Show love to myself and show love to others. Show people God’s never-ending love. I want to express love through my actions.
What are your resolutions? What do you wish to remind yourself about?